Monday, July 20, 2009

Hoots, Howls, and Hollers 07/20/2009

When you look in the dictionary under “impressive”, or under “reassuring”, or under “just plain adorable”, you will undoubtedly see the smiling face of Thalia.

Thalia, her mom, Linda, and her brother, Exie, traditionally come to Scottsdale in the summer. Mom volunteers regularly in the Los Angeles area and realized that teaching the value of volunteering to her children was best done by mentoring. So last year on Sundays while in Arizona, the family volunteered in our Orphan Care department. They were delightful, conscientious, and hard core volunteers. But, it didn’t end with Sunday’s in Arizona.

This week I received the following card in the mail with a CD full of photos some of which I will share with you. Nothing I can say will enhance the words of this young girl, her initiative, or the impressive values of her family! I think you’ll agree.

Dear Megan,

This month I decided to have a lemonade stand to raise money for Liberty Wildlife. So at noon I set it up. The customers were slow at first, but at 12:30, things started getting busy. I used up all our lemonade supply. I thought you might like to know that I showed pictures of our Sundays at L. W. (“our” means my mom, me, and Brother). I think the reason we made what we did with only .25 lemonade is because we told the customers about our experience with Liberty Wildlife and got extra change for it. I hope this check helps the animals at the Shelter!!!

-Thalia

P.S. I think this should be your new motto: “We take animals under our wing.”

An adorable drawing of a baby bird in a nest (with a dialogue bubble) is chirping the motto.

Thanks, Thalia and family for being who you are and being a part of Liberty Wildlife. Not only did you help our native wild birds, you have brightened our lives and enriched our hearts. We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
































1 comment:

zopeloti said...

I am impressed with Thalia's initiative. It gives me hope that the younger generation really does care about our envirement and wildlife. Thanks for sharing this information.